582 = Gas Heat RTU, Legacy Series / Unit Type
J = Puron® (R-410A) Refrigerant / Model
E = 460-3-60 / Voltage
04 = 3 Tons / Cooling Tons
A = Standard One Stage cooling models/Nat. Gas Heat / Refrig. System/Gas Heat Options
072 = 72,000 / Heat Level Input
A = Al/Cu - Al/Cu / Coil Options (RTPF) (Outdoor - Indoor)
2 = Medium Static Option / Indoor Fan Options
A = None / Outdoor Air Options
0A = None / Factory Installed Options
A = Standard Packaging, electro mechanical controls that require W7212 EconoMi$er IV / Packaging and Control
The Bryant rooftop unit (RTU) was designed by customers for customers. With "no-strip screw" collars, handled access panels, and more we’ve made your unit easy to install, easy to maintain and easy to use.
Easy to install:
All Legacy Linet units are field-convertible to horizontal air flow which makes it easy to adjust to unexpected job site complications. Lighter units make easy replacement. Bryant 582J rooftops fit on existing Bryant curbs dating back to 1989.
Also, our large control box gives you room to work and room to mount Bryant accessory controls.
Easy to maintain:
Easy access handles by Bryant provide quick and easy access to all normally serviced components. Our "no-strip" screw system has superior holding power and guides screws into position while preventing the screw from stripping the unit's metal. Take accurate pressure readings by reading condenser pressure with panels on. Simply remove the black, composite plug, route your gauge line(s) through the hole, and connect them to the refrigeration service valve(s).
Easy to use:
The newly designed, central terminal board by Bryant puts all your connections and troubleshooting points in one convenient place, standard. Most low voltage connections are made to the same board and make it easy to find what you’re looking for and easy to access it. Bryant rooftops have high and low pressure switches, a filter drier, and 2-in (51mm) filters standard.
- Single cooling stage models
- SEER up to 14.1.
- EER's up to 12.0.
- Up to 28% lighter than similar industry units. Lighter rooftops make easier replacement jobs.
- Utility connections are the same because 3 - 5 ton units fit on existing Bryant rooftop curbs. This saves time and money on replacement jobs.
- Standardized components and layout. Standardized components and controls make service and stocking parts easier.
- Scroll compressors on all units. This makes service, stocking parts, replacement, and troubleshooting easier.
- Field convertible airflow. Being able to convert a unit from vertical airflow to horizontal makes it easy to overcome job site complications.
- Standard Direct Drive - ECM indoor motor with optional belt drive system to meet nearly all applications.
- Provisions for bottom or side condensate drain.
- Capable of thru-the-base or thru-the-curb gas line routing.
- Single-point gas / electrical connection.
- Sloped, composite drain pan sheds water; and won't rust.
- Standardized controls & control box layout. Standardized components & controls make stocking parts & service easier.
- Tool-less filter access door.
- Clean, large, easy to use control box.
- Color-coded wiring.
- Large, laminated wiring and power wiring drawings which are affixed to unit make troubleshooting easy.
- Single, central terminal board for test and wiring connections.
- Fast-access, handled, panels for easy access on normally accessed service panels.
- 'No-strip' screw system guides screws into the panel& captures them tightly without stripping the screw, the panel, or the unit.
- Mechanical cooling (115°F to 40°F or 46°C to 4°C) standard on all models. Winter Start Kit allows cooling operation down to 25°F (-4°C) and MotorMaster to -20°F (-29°C).
- High efficiency, gas heat with induced-draft flue exhaust design.
- Induced draft motor ensures no flue gas can escape into the indoor air stream.
- Bryant designed naturally draining heat exchanger, unlike positive pressure heat exchangers, do not need to be periodically, manually drained. This saves labor and maintenance expense.
- 2-in (51mm) disposable filters on all units.
- Refrigerant filter-drier on each circuit.
- Each circuit is protected with a high and low pressure switch.
- Many factory-installed options ranging from air management economizers, 2 position dampers, plus convenience outlets, disconnect switches and smoke detectors.
- Standard (parts only) Warranty: 15 yr. Stainless steel, 10 yr. aluminized heat exchanger, 5 yr. compressor, 1 yr. parts.
- Factory-installed Perfect Humidity™ dehumidification system on all sizes, includes MotorMaster I controller.
|Weight||490 Pounds (lbs)|
|Width||46.75 Inches (In)|
|Height||33.375 Inches (In)|
|Country of Origin||MEX|
|Length||74.375 Inches (In)|
|Blower Motor RPM||770-1175|
|Blower Motor Type||Fixed Torque|
|Circuit Breaker - Max Amps||15|
|Condenser Motor HP||1/8 HP|
|Condenser Motor RPM||825|
|Condenser Motor Type||Direct Drive|
|Cooling Rated Capacity Btu/h||36000|
|Drain Connection Size||3/4"|
|Energy Star Rated||No|
|Filter Size||(2) 16" x 25" x 2" RA filter, (1) 20" x 24" x 1" OA filter|
|Locked Rotor Amps||38|
|Maximum Fuse Size||15|
|Metering Device||Fixed Orifice|
|Minimum Circuit Amps||11|
|Rated Load Amps||5.8|
|Sound Level (dBA)||76|