If you've ever used an infrared thermometer, then you may have been fooled regarding the temperature reading. That's because IR thermometers project a measurement cone at a surface and take the average temperature of the cone at the target. Although most IR thermometers have a laser pointer, a laser is a line, not a cone, and you may think that you're getting temperature at the laser point only. Fluke's 62 Max+ uses two rotating laser pointers that show you the size of the measurement area. It covers the temperature range from -30°C to 650°C with a response time less than 300 ms. The Model 62 Max uses a single laser pointer and covers the temperature range from -30°C to 500°C.
The Max 62 and Max 62+ are designed to withstand drops up to 3 m. Is screen is located in a position and with a viewing angle (15°) that, in many cases, lets you see the display without having to move the thermometer from the measuring point. For most measurements, you simply pull the trigger once you've identified the measurement point. Dust and water-resistant: IP54 rated for dust and water resistance.
- Rugged: 3-meter (9.8-foot) drop tested.
- Ergonomically designed: Completely redesigned for a more natural hand fit.
- Small and lightweight; clips to your tool belt or belt loop or easily fits into your tool box.
- Distance to spot: Precise laser technology makes for more accurate and repeatable measurements.
- Dual Lasers: The 62 MAX+ has dual rotating lasers to help you identify area to be measured. The measurement area is the spot between the dots.
- Large, backlit display: Large screen makes data easier to read, even in dark areas.
- Min/Max/Avg/Dif: Displays the minimum, maximum or average temperature, or the difference between two measurements.
- Alarm: Hi and Lo alarms for rapid display of measurements outside the limits.
|Weight||1.01 Pounds (lbs)|
|Width||3.34 Inches (In)|
|Height||6.88 Inches (In)|
|Country of Origin||CHN|
|Length||2.95 Inches (In)|
|Accuracy||+1.0°C or +1.0%|
|Auto Power Off||Yes|
|Display Options||Backlit, Min/Max/Avg/Dif|
|Emissivity||0.10 to 1.00|
|Focus Spot Size and Distance||12:1 Distance to spot ratio|
|Response Time||< 500 ms (95% of reading)|
|Temperature Accuracy||+1.0°C or +1.0%, -10°C to 0°C +/- 2%, -30°C to -10°C +/- 3°|
|Temperature Range||-30°C to 650°C (-22°F to 1202°F)|